Rick Anderson is a member of Croker Huck and has been practicing since 1976 in the areas of real estate, banking and finance law, business law, probate, and related litigation. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America (Banking and Finance Law and Litigation – Real Estate), Chambers USA (Real Estate), and Great Plains Super Lawyers (Real Estate). His real estate experience extends to representing owners and businesses in the acquisition, financing, leasing, and development of real estate projects, including recent involvement in the development of a large scale LEED Platinum office building. Having worked previously in the Omaha City Planning Department, Rick appears routinely before the local land use and zoning regulatory agencies. Projects include rezonings, special use permits, tax increment financing, condemnations, and property tax assessment appeals. His work also includes the formation and representation of sanitary and improvement districts. In the Banking and Finance areas, he works extensively with large national banks, local and regional community banks, and borrowers in loan creations and collateralization, credit enhancements (including letters of credit), TIF financings, and loan workouts. Rick has successfully managed litigation in the areas of tax assessment appeals, condemnations, title insurance, and creditors' rights in bankruptcy. Recently in the probate area, he has managed litigation with the Internal Revenue Service over the valuation of an extensive art and book collection.
Areas Of Practice
- Banking Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Municipal and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Sanitary and Improvement Districts
- Nebraska, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska
- J.D. - 00/1976
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- B.A. - 00/1971
- Major: Economics
- Perkins Delaware, LLC v. AWG Acquisition, LLC, No. A-09-876, 2010 WL 1600320, 2010, Neb.App.
- Rohwer v. City of Blair ex rel. Airport Authority of City of Blair, No. A-07-1356, 2009 WL 132830, 2009, Neb.App.
- Zabawa v. Douglas County Bd. of Equalization, 221, 757 N.W.2d 522, 2008, 17 Neb.App.
- Homemakers, Inc. v. Douglas County Bd. of Equalization, No. A-05-872, 2006 WL 1164141, 2006, Neb.App.
- In re Application A-16642, 671, 463 N.W.2d 591, 1990, 236 Neb.
- State ex rel. FirsTier Bank, N.A. v. Mullen, 384, 534 N.W.2d 575, 1995, 248 Neb.
Honors and Awards
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Research Scholarship Winner
- Selected for inclusion in the Great Plains Super Lawyers in 2009, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition in 2010, Corporate Counsel Business Edition in 2011 and selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers for Real Estate in 2019
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Real Estate, 2004 through Present
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate – Litigation and Banking and Finance Law, 2013 through Present; Real Estate Law, 2016 through Present; Land Use and Zoning Law, 2019 - Current
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0
- Named Lawyer of the Year by The Best Lawyers in America for Litigation - Real Estate in 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Omaha Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member in the Sections on Banking; Business Law; Real Estate, Probate and Trust
- American Bar Association, Member in the Sections on Business Law; Real Property, Trust and Estate
- Nebraska Bar Foundation, Fellow