Martin Pelster is a member of Croker Huck and his practice focuses on real estate, creditors' rights and bankruptcy, and business law. His extensive real estate experience includes representing developers in the acquisition, financing and development of real estate, including the formation and representation of sanitary and improvement districts and homeowner's associations. Martin regularly represents developers, owners, landlords and tenants in connection with acquiring, marketing, financing and leasing of commercial, office and retail properties, including mixed use and retail shopping centers.
Martin has represented numerous banks, credit unions and individual creditors in complex loan restructuring, workouts and foreclosures, including complex Chapter 11 reorganizations and Chapter 7 liquidations. His most recent bankruptcy experience involved representing the leading creditor in the liquidation of a multi-million dollar ethanol production facility in South Dakota. Martin also has a vast amount of experience in representing clients that invest in tax sale certificates, including applications for treasurer's tax deeds and foreclosures of tax sale certificates. Originally from northeast Nebraska, he began his legal career in Beaumont, Texas after graduating from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 1989. Martin joined the firm as an associate attorney in 1990 and has been a member since 1997.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Banking Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Commercial Law
- Debtor and Creditor Law
- Sanitary and Improvement Districts
- Tax Foreclosure
- Texas, 1989
- Nebraska, 1990
- Iowa, 2005
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 1989
- Kearney State College
- B.S. - 1986
- Par 3, Inc. v. Livingston, 268 Neb. 636, 686 N.W.2d 369, 2004, Neb.
- Franksen v. Crossroads Joint Venture, 257 Neb. 597, 599 N.W.2d 603, 1999, Neb.
- Smith v. Smith, 246 Neb. 193, 517 N.W.2d 394, 1994, Neb.
- Franksen v. Crossroads Joint Venture, 245 Neb. 863, 515 N.W.2d 794, 1994, Neb.
- Riverview Props., LLC v. QO Chems., Inc., No. A-08-005, 2009 WL 132813, 2009, Neb. Ct. App.
- Doksansky v. Nw. Bank Neb., N.A., 260 Neb. 100, 615 N.W.2d 104, 2000
- United States v. Hughes Ranch, Inc., 33 F. Supp. 2d 1157, 1999, D. Neb.
- Poppleton v. Vill. Realty Co., Inc., 248 Neb. 353, 535 N.W.2d 400, 1995
- In re Sanitary and Improvement Dist. No. 1 of Gosper County, 270 Neb. 856, 708 N.W.2d 809, 2006
- Knosp v. Shafer Properties, LLC, WL 1505998, 19, App. 809(2012), 2012, Neb.
- In re Tri-State Financial, LLC, No. BR08-83016-TJM, A10-8072-TJM, 2012 WL 1949331, 2012, Bankr. D. Neb
- In re DBSI, Inc., 405 B.R. 698, 61 Collier Bankr.Cas.2d 1501, 2009, Bankr. D. Del.
- Big Rig Repair, Inc. v. Heatflexx, Inc., No. 8:08CV397, 2009 WL 1409259, 2009, D. Neb
- Roth Grading, Inc. v. Testa Corp., No. 8:04CV632, 2005 WL 2347238, 2005, D. Neb.
- In re Bullmore, 300 B.R. 719, 42 Bankr. Ct., 2003, Bankr. D. Neb.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2015 - Present
- Selected for inclusion in Great Plains Super Lawyers for Business Bankruptcy, 2017 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Omaha Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member in the Sections on Banking; Bankruptcy; Real Estate, Probate and Trust
- American Bar Association, Member in the Section on Labor and Employment Law
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Iowa Bar Association, Member